Doug and Mary Hudson brought Sausage & Egg Bites to a 2018 board meeting using a recipe that Doug invented. They have also made these bites with leftover chopped veggies. They can be served as an appetizer and also make a great breakfast on the go.
Sausage & Egg Bites
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ - ½ cup scallions, chopped
- 1 chorizo link, finely chopped (casing removed)
- salt and pepper (as desired)
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley or cilantro
- 1 teaspoon oregano (or marjoram)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a mini-muffin pan (24 muffins) with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl add all ingredients, except for chorizo and cheese.
- Add an even layer of egg mixture to each cavity in the prepared muffin pan. Top with an even layer of chorizo and cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until eggs are set in the center.