Maureen made this wonderful dessert for the summer picnic this year. Even though I was full I had to go back for a little bit more of her cheesecake bars. Yummy!
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and brown sugar.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two forks until mixture is crumbly.
- Press evenly into a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking pan lined with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with 1/2 cup sugar with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- Then add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour over warm crust.
- In a small bowl, stir together the chopped apples, 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle evenly with Streusel topping.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until filling is set.
- Drizzle with caramel topping.
MAKE STRUSEL TOPPING:
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients.